Friday, July 22, 2011

New Camera!

Two friday's ago my camera broke- as I was trying to take birthday celebration pictures.  I don't know what happened, but it did.
The old camera that I had was a Cannon point and shoot.  My mom had got it for me a few years ago, and I loved the hell out of it...lately I've been really craving a more quality camera.  I took it as a sign when my camera broke, I had some extra birthday money, so I bought myself a treat.

I don't consider myself to be the most tech savvy individual, but I'm certainly not a dunce.  It was a bit confusing to sift through all the reviews, specs, and prices to figure out my needs.

I ended up going with a Consumer Reports pick for an SLR like camera.

I got the Panasonic Lumix FZ40 - an SLR like camera- I can add lenses, but I don't need to.  For example; Maco shots (close ups of nature and objects FYI).  There are great presets for the newbies but with the flexibility to shoot manually.  BONUS: It also comes with the capability of recording 210 minutes of HD video and stereo sound. 

My poor (ok-enough-with-the-camera-babe) fiance- if he thought I was an annoying shutter bug then, wait until I start snapping now.

Here are some shots from around the way... I am no photographer, but I am one who enjoys taking pictures.

We are looking to go to Millbrook Vineyards this weekend and do an engagement shoot (and wine tasting).  Fingers crossed we will nail the shot for our vintage styled invite postcards as mentioned before.

The last shoot I tried to keep classic(y) with my chiffon navy skirt, white button collared down tank, and a tan blazer.  I'm not sure if it was the grey day, but I feel  I looked a little blah.  I think I need some more pop.  I will have to play around with outfits.  Steve looks great in anything he wears, or doesn't.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...