Friday, July 8, 2011

postcard invites

As mentioned here, we had unsuccessfully taken engagement photos (granted we took them by ourselves because of fiance's unwillingness to "pose" he hates posed.)  So this weekend we are going to venture back to the Millbrook Vineyard for (another) wine tasting and some pictures, in that order (bring on the wisps to rid ourselves of wine mouth - and photoshop).

We have set a date for our engagement party September 24th 2011 at the Alpine Pavilion by the boat basin in Alpine, NJ.  It's a charming 1920's stone pavilion over looking the Hudson River complete with "beach" and a NYC view.  It should be a nice time of year, cooler, just as the leaves are changing, reminiscent of the fall hike that the now fiance and I took on date number one.

After we get the picture (my fiance kindly reminds me daily it only takes one - with more aspects than just pictures) we (I) am going to make a postcard in Illustrator and send 'em on out asap I was playing around at the airport waiting to fly to N.C., but I have to keep it a secret until it's sent out, sorry.  But I promise to update with the finished product.

The front is easy (sort of) after getting the right shot.  I'm thinking of applying a few layers of vintage in photoshop to match the back see bottom for front inspirations.

I am drawing inspiration from vintage postcards- here are just a handful out of the ones I looked at. 
Comment on which is your favorite back?  I don't know how we're going to pick!  I'm thinking a little here and there and we'll eventually get it.

1
2

3
4

5
 Here are some vintage styled fronts I like (see captions).


1. I like the coloration of this picture, I don't want a full black and white or sepia.

2. I love photoshop tutorials.  That will be in upcoming posts however.
p.s. today is my birthday, twenty-three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...