Wednesday, July 20, 2011

engagement picture ii

This weekend we are heading to attempt to shoot the engagement picture.  If it wasn't for people wanting to see our faces I would use the below pictures and call it a day.  oh here it comes... I can hear my Bubbie in my head now...

:insert accent of old school Jewish lady who was raised in the Bronx:
Why no faces Lindsey, people want to see your faces, what about the people who haven't even met Steve yet, they won't even know what he looks like, really, who does that, it's artsy, but not for an engagement party invitation, who thought this was a good idea, of course no one asked me, i wish you would have shown me before sending this out, you know I used to make things like this at Kwasha Lipton all the time, besides did you have to kiss in the picture, not everyone wants to see that, it's a neat picture, but who does that?
Case in point... (welcome to my life by the way) this beautiful (but hotter than hell) weekend will be the day.  I have the tripod, read my camera manual, yes the entire thing ,and I feel confident.

This photo was spur of the moment and random, then looking back I loved it.  I'm hoping for another one of those moments, with faces of course.

I find that art usually occurs that way in most forms, from painting to songwriting.  You force it, and push on... and get two lines written.  Then other times it's like you can't write fast enough.  Your hand is cramping and you feel as if you are no longer writing but just holding on to your pencil for all it's worth.

Yup, still hoping for one of those moments, only with a timer and camera.
Ever feel that way in your creative journey: that the second you stopped forcing it, it just flowed? Comment and share please.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...