Thursday, June 2, 2011

The "Perfect" Picture

(Still not turning this into a wedding blog I swear) But it's so damn hard to take "THE" picture... You know, the one that will be printed on the magnet for "Save the Date"... that magnet will then be on your mother's, grandmother's (and don't forget in law's) fridge long enough for your first kid or two, to be born and out of diapers.
Case in point, 2 weekends ago we went to book (whoo hoo) the place for the wedding.  It's a charming vineyard in Upstate, NY about 1.5 hrs away from NYC- Millbrook Vineyards.  After we went through particulars we decide to set up the tripod and take a few shots, between the hair in my lip gloss, and my crooked tripod set up that resulted in my fiance looking like the leaning tower-they were not keepers to say the least, don't worry I'll post them after I load the trillion that exist.  We most definitely won't be using them.
Here are some ideas that I love.


 I could never convince Steve to do the above one with me. He HATES posed, hence the reason I am setting up my camera/tripod and shooting a bunch with a timer, he stiffens up when it comes time to take pictures.  They may be posed...but I think these are too adorable. 
If it were up to him he'd use the one of us (me seasick) on a fishing boat at 7am last year.  We got some great shots of my "chumming" overboard.  I will eventually (after we send out "The" picture) post what we decided on.

and some that I loathe.

 
Hello easy listening the beach version. 

 
Why not an actual article in wedding magazine/blog, or even an announcement in your local paper?  Why of all magazines... would you choose OK!?

As promised here are 3 of the most decent shots...FAIL.
Which leads us to...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...