Saturday, July 9, 2011

happy (early) birthday (present) to me

As noted here, I play piano and sing/write songs.  I have 2 harmonicas.
The first is my grandfather's (mom's side) which is an old Hohner Chrometta 12 harmonica in the key of C (but if you press the button on the side it goes to C#)
The other I have no idea where I acquired it from, but it too is in the key of C.
I know some songwriters may only write in one key (kiddin') but a lady needs options.
So for my birthday (July 8) I bought myself a harmonica set.

I love Amazon, I really do.  That place is amazing.  I ordered them and got them the NEXT DAY.  I didn't pay for next day- I only paid for standard!  Happy birthday to me.
Last night I played for quite a while trying out the harps with the keys...magic.  (Now all I have to do is learn to hold a drum stick with my toe and I'd be set)

I didn't really know my grandfather (I remember one FL boat trip when I was 5 - he let me steer the boat) but what I do know it that he played the harmonica and guitar and was self taught (kinda like me).  Maybe he's looking down and laughing that his grand daughter is playing his old Chrometta and now has a harmonica set all her own.

I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...