Friday, November 4, 2011

mulled wine

Happy Friday!
To celebrate the weekend I thought a recipe for Mulled Wine would be appropriate. 
Mulled Wine is great for parties, I like to think of it at Winter Sangria.  Most people are iffy on it, "Hot wine?"  "Mold wine?"- some comments at our last function.  But once they take a swig, it's only minutes, and a cup later, before they are serving themselves another drink.
For a basic Mulled Wine use this recipe.
I wanted to experiment a little bit to make more of  a Mulled Wine/Winter Sangria hybrid.  Here's what I came up with.

 

Ingredients

  • 2 bottles dry red wine
  • 1/2 cup brandy
  • 12 whole cloves
  • cinnamon sticks
  • 2 tangerines, zested and then juiced
  • 1/2 a red grapefruit cut into half circle slices
  • 1 plum cubed
  • 1 apple cubed

Directions

Combine ingredients in a large pot until. Do not allow mixture to boil, this will cook away your buzz!  For informal events I would keep in pot. If need be, pour into a heat resistant punch bowl.

*For the party I used a crock pot set to warm, and doubled the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...