Saturday, November 5, 2011

DIY Bird Cage Veil : Shopping for the right Netting

For most DIY weddings, you are spending your time, to save money.  Not like I have all the time in the world, but for wedding stuff, I will always find some.
I have a laundry list of DIY projects that I cannot wait to share.  The one that I am starting now (7 months prior to our wedding, so I can get it right) is the bird cage veil. 

We are getting married in July, and I have long hair, so yet another layer on a Summer day, isn't happening, that's how I decided on the birdcage veil.

I looked around, but wasn't impressed with the quality or the price.  So I have decided to make my own.  I happen to be very lucky...I work in Midtown Manhattan, one Avenue away from 7th Ave, known as Fashion Ave. ; home to all sorts of great fabric stores. 

Here are some snap shots during the netting hunt.  I saw so many types of fabrics that I want... need.  This fabric I liked because it's sturdy, bigger holes, and isn't floppy, so it will stay well.  It was 8/yd.

Sorry about the mobile pics, I remembered that I took my memory card out of my camera... as I arrived at the store. Figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...