Wednesday, August 3, 2011

multiple cakes

Everyday on my walk home I pass a cake shop down the street.  It makes everything from cannolis to wedding cakes. 

Every time I see the Styrofoam models of 3, 4, and 5 tier cakes, the less I'd like to have one. 

"I know this person is allergic to this, or this person hates this frosting, this one despises fruit on a cake, this one loves fruit on a cake... "
and the list goes on.

So why not have an assortment of cakes for everyone to choose what they want, or don't? 

The bride and groom get their own cake, and everyone else can choose from an assortment.  Our cake we'll then freeze (maybe).


The cakes pictured (courtesy of Warfel's Sweet Shop) are $20 each and serve 16.
If we could find something similar we would need 10 of them for $200 + tip.
Not bad, the average wedding cake starting is at least $300.

I must also admit I have anxiety about having a tiered cake, I can just imagine it toppling.

I know we are sending 150 invites, supposedly the magic number of no-shows is 20%. So approx. 120-150 people will be there.  The average round cake serves 10-16 people... therefore 10-15 different flavored round cakes would be great, and I'm positive the cake place down the street would gladly give a discount.

Tiramisu-Strawberry Shortcake-Cheese cake-Devil's Food-Yellow with Chocolate Icing-Coffee Crumb Cake-Coconut-German Chocolate...The pictured cakes look amazing, they are only local in VA.

Cupcakes, Cream Puffs, and Cannolis

I also like the idea of one cake for us and matching cupcakes for guests.  I wouldn't mind serving giant cream puffs, cannolis, and eclairs... we do so love them. 



What dessert could/would/did you pick for your wedding, did you find that everyone ate/enjoyed it, or where there lone slices?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...