Monday, July 11, 2011

sunflower follow up

They're alive!  As mentioned here and before that, here.  My sunflowers became some serious snacking for various critters; between the caterpillars, ants, and a rambunctious little ground hog, I had almost thrown in my gardening gloves.  Until I saw this recipe and then modified it a little bit.

Weeks after brewing my Spicy Garlic Tea, and diligently applying it with a paint brush (this concoction is course no matter the amount of super fine straining...it just kept clogging the 4 different spray bottles I used) every time it rained, watering it only for the dirt and the bottoms to get wet... WE HAVE A CROP (or my Bergen Co. NJ version of a crop).

One point for organic! 

Who says you need harmful chemicals to keep away various species!?

What are some home remedies you've made/used to be more environmentally friendly?

Check em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...