Sunday, July 31, 2011

Reality break check.

I had a moment last Sunday.  After getting all gussied up my fiance and I started driving to Millbrook to take our pictures.  As we were commuting (for an hour and a half) it began to pour!  Bummer.  I was pissed to say the least, I never style my hair and now it's raining and we're heading there to take our engagement pictures...really?

As we were driving the conditions worsened,  a cautious driver I slowed significantly.  Another driver in the left lane apparently had super-see-through-the-pouring-rain- vision, lucky.  So they flew right by splashing my windshield to the point I couldn't see for a split, but seemingly eternal second.

I slammed on my breaks knowing there was a black car somewhere in front of us.  I felt my fiance's hand hold me across my stomach, as if that was going to save me in an accident.  Some how I stayed in our lane, and was able to regain vision and not hit the front car, which was further ahead in front than what it was a few minutes earlier.

We looked at each other shaken, but ok.
I felt really stupid, I made such a fuss over my hair, rain, and earlier traffic.  I looked at my fiance and we breathed together, I said thank you again to someone who I'm sure was listening.  Then I looked at Steve...NO SEAT BELT!!!  After a lecture about wearing and always wearing his seat belt.  We noticed that the sky was clearing up.

When we got there and it was perfect...I said a silent thank you.
Pictures are taken, we deliberated over which one and narrowed it down to two, which are both nice.  We will be deciding tonight and of course I will update you.

Ever find that you are freaking out over something so small, until a situation (or possible) one arises and puts you in perspective?  Reality break check.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...