Tuesday, November 29, 2011

1920's Art Deco Dreams


1920's Brooch re-designed as a hair comb here.

Brace yourself readers, here's a wedding post.  Read on if that's your thing, or don't.  Your call.

Still there?  Great.

I already know what my dress is going to look like (but will remain a secret until after wedding, then I will bombard you, I promise), but jewelry has really been stumping me... until now.

I love art deco jewelry.  My engagement ring is an art deco style, as is my wedding band.  So might as well go with it, right?  Right. 

As much as I would love to wear diamonds, rubies, and emeralds... it's not happening.  I would rather pay more for vintage 1920-35 era costume jewelry, than go to a store that sells "inspired" art deco.

The materials, cut, and time spent on each piece back then, trumps the mass production of today.  I am lucky to neighbor NYC for such a need.  The search is on. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...