Friday, September 30, 2011

Hello October.

need these*


We got some really generous gifts for our engagement party, thank you!

We got some really sweet serving ware, that I haven't posted pictures of yet because, trust me readers, you'll be seeing them quite a bit. 

It's decided we need to host a monthly dinner.  I don't know about you, but we never get invited to dinner parties, do people even have them anymore?  What ever happened to that?  We need to start that one up.

What better time than October to start?  Always the planner, I am already looking forward to having a Halloween party complete with spiked apple cider and our fire pit (that I need to rebuid this weekend) with some good hearty food, stew, yum.

Have you ever made spiked cider, it's simple and oh so delicious?  Here's my simple recipe.  I think I need to get a gallon of cider and a bottle of jack, it's supposed to be chilly this weekend.  YES!

Per Serving.
1 cup of cider (per person)
2 shots of jack daniels
1 Cinnamon stick

Heat cider (most likely you'll make a few cups) until hot.
Add your Jack Daniels and a Cinnamon stick in your favorite mug.
Stir, serve, drink, repeat.  This drink will get you and keep you quite toasty.
*DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT!!! add your jack while you are heating your cider, it will lower your alcohol content... and that my lovlies, would be a terrible thing to do.
happy fall!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there just wаntеd to give you а quicκ hеаds
    up. The text іn your content seem to be running off thе
    screen in ӏnternet explorer. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to
    lеt you knoω. The lаyout loοk
    great though! Hope you get the issue fixed ѕoоn.
    Thаnks
    Stop by my web-site ; free e-cigarette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...