Thursday, September 29, 2011

chocolate covered pretzels


This was fun task... just not for me.  Going off of directions found online (that my mom was iffy about from the get go) I messed up the first batch of chocolate.  Stressed out with a trillion other things to do, I relinquished the job to my mom.

According to the other blog (which I won't name) all you had to do was put the chocolate in a Pyrex dish and heat it every 30 seconds until it melted it, stirring it between heating.  DON'T and I mean DON'T do this.  It will burn your chocolate, it will suck, it will not liquify, do not pass go, do one collect $200.00.

My mom decided to add a drop of milk and a tad of butter... little by little, heating the chocolate in water in the Pyrex measuring cup.  As it gradually heated she stirred and added a drop of milk and a bit of butter until it was a liquid, but not too runny.  I'm sorry about the quantities of butter, milk, and chocolate... with most moms they just use their mom-given instincts that makes it impossible to get an exact measurement. 

"L: How much butter and milk did you add?
M: Ummm, I dunno, just until it was liquid-y.
L: Okay? Cool, as long as we get this done, but how am I going to blog about it?
M: Just tell them a little bit at a time.  Don't take any pictures, I look like shit.
L: I have to Mom, I need pics for the blog, we all look like shit right now, tough.
M: Ooo, take a picture of my boobs."

True story.

Next Jeremy, my mom's bf was on dunking patrol.  Two hours, two bags of chocolate, one package of sprinkles, and three bags of pretzels later, we had favors for 80 people.  The chocolate hardened better with the sprinkle topping opposed to just chocolate.  NOTE if it's hot/humid cure the finished pretzels in the fridge or freezer, but not for too long or they won't be as crunchy.

After forming an assembly line of my MOH Lucy, BM (haha) Claire, Mom, and Jeremy (I was cutting paper), we had the completed favors that of course I don't have a snapped pic of.  I will upload one later as more pics come in.

These favors were time consuming, but well worth it. 

Favors (80 people with 4 per bag is 320 minis)
Pretzels      $3.00 
Ribbon        $1.00
Chocolate   $6.00
Sprinkles     $2.00
________________
Total  12.00  (that's a sweet deal at $0.15 per person!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...