Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Audrey, we need you.


...If you look good, you feel good, you're in a good mood, you radiate that goodness to people you come across, you feel good about yourself, and motivate yourself to be good at what you do.
Vanity is good.  van-ity is the excessive belief in one's own abilities or attractiveness to others.


CASE IN POINT

:maybe it sounds silly, but if I feel like a mashed-up-asshole, I don't really care to do much of anything, let alone GOOD:

Looking good doesn't mean spending a wad of money on designer labels, that's not what I'm getting at here, but why are there so many women that don't take pride in what they wear anymore?  I'm sure it's no easy task, or a comfortable one, squeezing into an outfit that cuts into you.  Audrey, Audrey, we need more like you.
"There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain." - Audrey Hepburn
I love her quotes so much, she didn't just say them, she lived them through her philanthropic work, and looked great doing it.  In her later years, acting took a back seat to her work on behalf of children. She became a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF in the late 1980s. Traveling the world, Hepburn tried to raise awareness about children in need. She understood too well what it was like to go hungry from her days in The Netherlands during the German Occupation in WWII.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...