Saturday, August 6, 2011

the allure of autumn

Taking the maxi into fall, add a cozy sweater
for ultimate comfort. *

falling in love
As a summer baby, I live for all things summertime... Usually I begin to get bummed around August and start dreading the cold to ensue.  But then I remember the clothing racks start to change from bright colors to richer hues I can't help but get excited for fall.

Here are a few things are making me look forward to gusty winds.

working with
fun and easy dresses for work - rich colors like crimson, burnt orange,  mustard and emerald - maxi dresses with boots and sweaters for fall - thick wool tights in patterns - long duster coats -  a cross body saddle bag/ satchel that can last and transition seasons and needs, seamlessly - menswear - heeled loafers
* courtesy of Harper's Bazaar

After spending the summer  in long maxi dresses and skirts ,  I'm not ready to give them up just yet.  Adding some extra layers to a neutral colored maxi, or a rich colored pattern should satiate my need to avoid fussy outfits on the weekends.

Perfect for the working gal. I'll take one of each please. *
  I have a wrap dress that is light weight and navy that I am in love with.  I think I must wear it every week.  However it requires ironing (eek) and let's face it, I wore it to death.  I'm looking to spruce my 9:30-6 closet up with fun and functional dresses.








Love love love this

            Finding the right bag is hard... Men who are reading this laughing and rolling their eyes : shut up.  Men who get it : about time.  I cannot wait until I finally find the right leather bag (that isn't my rent for the month) for my needs.  I am searching for a future pass-er-downer for my yet to be had daughters that lasts and looks better with every wear.                     
                                                                     

Menswear* adds a whole new sex appeal on women.  Before last February, I lived in jeans and leggings.  After landing my job in Manhattan I needed to seriously update and grow-up my wardrobe.  Before then, I had never owned a suit.  With a crisp suit and a pair of killer heels I was strutting up 8th Ave like I owned the avenue.   I wouldn't mind strutting in a leather pair of loafers this fall. 


Love this emerald color.*
I must admit, until lately  I never pictured my self in this color.  If you're not careful you may turn into an early St. Patty's day float model.  I think paired with the right neutrals I (maybe) could pull this color off.




I have a thing for long trenches.  As it gets colder in the winter I have to begrudgingly put them away.  A warm duster would satiate me until spring time when I could once again wear my beloved trenches.

Duster*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...