Thursday, June 16, 2011

three

 I enjoy a drink, or two (three) after work, and on weekends, and any other time.  I really love to collect the bottles.  For our centerpieces for the wedding (we are going sans-florist) we are going to use various collected bottles with flowers such as Queen Anne's lace (one of my favorites), poms, and statice (amongst others).  St. Germain Bottles are the best.  After boiling them, using a steel pad to scrub off the labels, and snipping the metal ring once attached to the screw top, they are quite pretty with one cut flower from the garden.

Case in point...
1.


This is definitely on the list of crafts.
2.


3. All the pretty colors.


3 comments:

  1. How do you get the votive candles inside the bottles? Do you need a glass cutter to remove the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for reading! I included a few ways I researched. I am most likely going to try option 3.
    The following are in order from cheapest to not as cheap:
    1. Acetone soaked rope tied around the bottle and then lit on fire-thus scoring the bottle-dunk in cold water and tap to break "cleanly" sand the edges- rope, nail polish remover.
    2. Diamond dremmel to cut glass.
    (all of the above with safety goggles, mask, and heavy duty cloth rubber coated gloves.) Aprox 15 for dremmel (we have a drill already)
    3. Glass cutting kit that is picky on thinness/thickness of the bottle. Approx 40 on amazon.
    <3 I'll update you when I post the outcome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...