Monday, June 27, 2011

flea markets and rainbows

My fiance traveled to NC early leaving me to my own devices this weekend.  Saturday was filled with retail therapy and some much needed playing/writing.  Gay marriage is now legal in NY! Yes!
Sunday was a wonderful and colorful day!  My bestie Lucy and I went to NYC to go flea-ing and to celebrate at the Gay Pride Parade.  It's such a special moment in the LGBT community, not to just be just recognized but to be able to receive an actual marriage licence.  I am straight, but I still celebrate for my friends in the LGBT community.

On a funny note side note people thought we were lesbians.

Before and after the parade we did some lovely flea-ing in the hells kitchen area.  GOLD MINE!  As indicated before, I am searching for old clear and colored bottles for our centerpieces.  I got some really beautiful ones, but I did sadly pass on cobalt blue bottles (25 for a bottle that had no writing!!!? NON-negotiable, really?!)  I love those expeditions in the city, especially with Lucy- she gets it, no one else (except my mom maybe) would wander around for HOURS and hours looking and digging through odds and ends. 

After wards we went to a cheerful Mexican food restaurant and split Guac, Nachos, and Ceviche... Not to mention a large pitcher of Sangria.  The colors reflected how, not just us, but how everyone around us was feeling... bright, festive, jubilant, and gay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...