Monday, February 25, 2013

Travel Trailer Dreaming

My Family visiting from Portland, OR and Nashville, TN has put a stop on any travel trailer work being started, not to mention the waiting game for this tent I bought on ebay to house the trailer and work in.  As of Sunday hugs and kisses were given, well wishes were wished and now it's time to get down to it after this work week is done.
This is fun!!

I have to keep the goals in mind.  This little Scotty is ours however:

It needs appeal to us and to the masses (which means that bright paisley floral print on the cushions, painting the appliances and tons of t'chockes hanging from every piece of wall space are out see above).  Need to keep resale appeal in mind.

It needs to be fixed and fixed well, no leaks, no half ass anything, no jerry-rigging, no "oh I bet this would work for now..."
No! If it's not researched (to death) via NSSC and manual, it's not happening.

I stopped over on 36th and 8th to one of the many fabric stores (I work in the fabric district in NYC) after work on Friday.  I picked out a few materials, after looking at them all weekend I decided that I liked them, but wasn't in love with them.

For the cushions
My mad scientist self had forgotten that I sent away for two fabric samples from Fabric Guru, I got them on Saturday- YES!

It may be hard to tell in the picture but the brown is a reasonably priced microfiber suede cloth - with embroidered silver thread dots.  It feels durable and basic enough to be styled by anyone.  The dots are about 5" apart so they are not overwhelming.

The second 6" wide citrus yellow stripes were originally meant for the awning outside, but the price is so good, I may just make them curtains too.  Yellow is my favorite color.
For the Awning and Curtains

This weekend will start the demo of the trailer (after putting up the tent), although cushions and curtains are far away, it's nice to look forward to the decorating details while wearing a respirator mask, stripping the outside of the trailer, removing rotten wood and preparing myself for anything creepy or crawly that may lurk in a dark corner... think yellow curtains, yellow curtains, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.




1 comment:

  1. Iím impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog thatís
    both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something not enough folks are speaking intelligently about.
    I'm very happy I stumbled across this in my search for something concerning this.

    Also visit my blog post - Biotechnology Jobs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...