Monday, May 7, 2012

Stay-cation

TWO MONTHS AND 7 DAYS.


That's how long until our wedding.

This weekend was a fun one after hosting a cinco de mayo bbq and then allowing my fiance to talk to me in to doing nothing wedding related on Sunday.

Us and our plans, they are really silly.  Nothing like a gorgeous day with a handsome companion to seduce you outside and keep you there, letting your crafts sit.

I have always wanted to ride across the George Washing Bridge on a bike, never was it a good time, except for yesterday.  I shelved the mounting bridal projects (we sent the invites last week so that's an accomplishment) and we took off to have, what felt like, a stay-cation and were tourists.

We rode across, took pictures, discovered new places that we new existed, but never experienced, like the lighthouse in this kids story that I've always wanted to see in person.  Or all the parks along the Hudson river- NY Side.  We rode at least 15 miles yesterday, but don't even try and peg me at one of those spandex wearing Lance Armstrong wanna-bes, I rode in shorts, a dress, knee highs and boots.

What a nice day, nothing's better than being a tourist on stay-cation.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...