Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wrapping Paper

from here
One thing I love about the holidays is unconventional, reus(ed)able gift wrap. 

Here are some ideas.

Seeing this print on this blog made me think about how fun it could be to make our own wrapping paper
From the engagement party we have a huge roll of brown table paper.  If you want to be extra green, reuse brown paper bags (cut and turned inside out so the the print isn't visible).
*Use an old scarf or sweater with cable knit pattern to stamp a pattern on the paper.  Be extra adorable: and tie with yarn, or make yarn poms.
Read the news?  Save those comic sections, cross words, weather, even some ads and use them to either wrap up your gift or make this adorable gift bag.
Reusable bags!  My friend used a hounds tooth bag to hold my birthday present, I still use it to carry lunch to work, that was over a year ago.
Furoshiki - is the art of using folded fabric to wrap gifts.  I would be ecstatic if all my gifts came wrapped in cloth...I could save them and make a quilt, or wrap other gifts, or make.. stuff!  Check out this great video on how to wrap Furoshiki style.
Paint Swatch Box also from this blog, perfect for little gifts, like hand made jewelry, or other little things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...