Friday, December 16, 2011

Beer saga continues!

Congratulations Mr. Beer, I am now obsessed.

Two weeks ago I just bottled my first batch of Pale Ale and left it to lager.  I must say using EZ cap bottles are the way to go.  They provide a great seal every time (great for newbies like me), and they look cool.  Word to the wise: I would recommend picking these up at your local brewing store.  Shipping can be expensive otherwise, and most places won't guarantee you unbroken bottles.  I bought mine for $29.00 for (16) 16oz. This weekend I will pop open my first one and try.  I am counting down the days.  When I bottled it I took a little sip and it tasted like the fancy beer you were drinking the night before but left on your night stand before you passed out, but then you woke up in the middle of the night and took a drunken swig.  In other words flat, good beer.  After a two week lager process (adding the brew to bottles and then adding a  bit of sugar to provide your beer with a bit of carbonation) it should be tasting wonderful.

Two weeks ago, after bottling the Pale Ale, I tried a Mr. Beer Cranberry Maibock recipe, it has all sorts of extra goodies added to it, like cranberry puree, honey, Cinnamon, and cloves to make for a very festive beer.  Ho, ho, ho, with a 9.5 ABV you're sure to be flying high with the reindeer. 
I can't wait to share the beer cases and labels I made...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...