Wednesday, November 23, 2011

two desserts that your thanksgiving will be thankful for

This Thanksgiving we are going to my future-in laws.  I love hanging with them, there are tons of kids running around, and the house is jam packed with people and FOOD!  Goood times.

I cannot waiiiit until the day where we have a house, and can host holidays for everyone!

Until then... a very far then... I am happy coming with some home-baked-goodies to add to the already delicious and abundant feast!

I will be making this Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake hybrid.  Hey, if you're going to splurge, splurge, right?  Right!

My fiance loves this next recipe...Dump Cake, an old favorite from my childhood, my Nashvillian neighbor Mary, used to make this.  It's a great recipe, I've yet to have it last at a party.  Somewhere between a cobbler and a pie, it's wonderful for young kids to make because of the easy measurements and no mixing/kneading.   
WARNING: Neither of these recipes are low fat, low cal, or low in taste, let alone have the potential of being leftovers...consider yourself  warned. 

Dump Cake
  • 1 pkg. deluxe yellow cake mix
  • 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in syrup, un-drained
  • 1 (21 oz.) can cherry filling
  • 1 c. chopped pecans
  • 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut in thin slices

  1. Prepare oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13x2 inch pan.
  2. Dump undrained pineapple into pan; spread evenly.
  3. Dump in cherry pie filling and spread into even layer.
  4. Dump dry cake mix onto cherry layer; spread evenly.
  5. Sprinkle pecans over cake mix. Put slices of butter over the top.
  6. Bake at 350°F for 48 to 53 minutes.
  7. Serve warm topped with vanilla bean ice cream.
 
Makes 12 to 16 servings, I hope you enjoy them all!
 
This is another version of Dump Cake, and also where the above picture is from.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post! Sound really delicious!

    Fox House giveaway on my blog!
    Take a look and if you like follow me, I’ll be waiting for you: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...