Monday, November 21, 2011

quiche

My fiance and I have a special food relationship.  We fell in love over food.  Breakfast first-date at IHOP, me cooking him dinner in the first week of us dating, him cooking me dinner (his famous shepard's pie, and his soooo good steak)
 I do believe that good food can sway a persons feelings.  Isn't is easier to love a good cook?  I have many recipes that he goes nuts for such as: pumpkin pie (I will post it closer to thanksgiving) banana bread, and newly added quiche.

  
Quiche

  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • Salt and pepper
  • 4 ounces shredded cheddar
  • 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
  • 1/2 lb asparagus (cut to 1/2 inch)
  • 1/2 lb bacon

    1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
    2. Cook bacon until crispy, preferably in an iron skillet.  Remove the bacon saving the grease in the pan, and cooking the asparagus in it.
    3. Whisk together eggs and milk. Add seasonings. Add crumbled bacon and asparagus and mix. 
    4. Place shredded cheddar and mozzarella in the pie shell. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
    5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F baking for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is set. Allow to set 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

    enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...