Tuesday, November 1, 2011

new england clam chowder


You're not cooking if you're not a little messy.

A couple of weeks ago my fiance and I went to a local pub called The Hungry Peddler.  It was homey with it's random instruments and old pictures hanging from everywhere, the Octoberfest beer was the ideal temperature, but oh the New England clam chowder.

Ever since that cup before my steak came out, I have been dreaming of it.  Most people dream about money, I dream about food... a lot, and what I want to make next.  No joke, I really daydream about food.



After finding this recipe I decided to alter it, of course, but only slightly*.


*Instead of using (2) 10 oz cans of chopped clams in juice (I couldn't find 10 oz cans) I used (4) 6.5 oz cans for a stronger taste.  I also used a potato smasher after the potatoes were soft to give the soup a creamy texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...