Monday, September 19, 2011

foraged flowers

Don't laugh... OK, do if you must...

when i was little i used to forage for flowers to make arrangements for my mom... when i mean forage i mean going into people's yards (i was little) and picking their flowers, and also going to edge of a small airport field (when i lived in Nashville) and picking wildflowers, there was also woods that i would explore and forage too.  then using whatever container i could, i would cut and arrange the flowers for mom.


Driving on Sunday with my fiancĂ© we saw a vacant lot a few blocks away from our house, with TONS of wildflowers.  It’s not a neighborhood garden, it's not some one's garden, it's just rubble of old foundation and lots of flowers that took over, most would be considered "weeds" by the home gardener... not me!  I love "weeds".  "BABY LOOK, STOP, I HAVE TOO...)

My fiancĂ© parked the car with a shake of his head, and I got picking, making myself a nice kitchen table bouquet, that I later added basil flowers (from my harvested garden basil -tutorial coming soon), grass cat-tails, and a rose from the garden, then I added water into a vase, and then later changed into my vintage pitcher *took the picture before the change and set it on my table, it’s now been a few days and my lovelies still holding up just fine.

My mother and I will be foraging for some wildflower elements for the engagement party flowers… that’s going to be quite a sight on Undercliff Ave. that day.

I'm hoping that she'll know what we're picking, I'd love to plant them for next year.
(Don’t you love when you get to do childhood things unexpectedly?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...